Sunday, September 18, 2011

Early Morning surprise

This morning was  eventful  with Sweet Pickles.  She called for us loud and clear, with a loud aaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!,  at 6:15 in the morning.  I was beat as we'd  had friends over for a delicious pot roast dinner last night, but when General Bearious calls Reveille you have to be a good foot soldier and attend to her.  Well, she was in a delightful mood, and I took her in the spare bedroom to cozy with her for a half hour.  She was very vocal, calling out raaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! and singing to me where she basically vocalizes out loud for 30 seconds.  In the middle of this she let out a fart, but I didn't think anything about it.  After a half hour I was going to take her down to see Mommy for bubba, and I told her it was time to change her diaper.  She was wearing flannel oversuit foot pajamas and then lightweight pajamas underneath.  When I took off the oversuit I saw an ominous sign: a water mark on her belly button.  It could mean only one thing: blowout.  As I lifted her shirt, there was poop everywhere, and I don't know how she does it, but she immediately reached down and got her hand in it.  Ugh.  I took her in the bathroom and she is just smiling and loving it.  Poop all over my shirt which I have to take off - I get her pants off poop everywhere - now on her hands, the rug, the side of the tub, me.  And she is just having a grand time of it all.  We are both down to underwear - it is like a scene from Lord of the Flies.   I clean her up with about 25 wipes and dump her in the tub.  This apparently was the most awesome thing I could do for her.  She is hollering and squealing with delight the whole time while I smell like a sewer.  Even being very tired, I can help but laugh at her.  Even in a very stinky situation her unbridled happiness is infectious.  I wash her while she is trying to do her kicks and get her out and get her dressed.  She is kicking and rolling as if this is a special surprise Daddy gave her.  I love that Bear.

1 comment: